PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
At Hall School we have used the premium to:
- develop and add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that we see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Here are some specific examples of how we have used the funding and the impact the money has had on our students:
2013/14 Allocation £8105
Funding was used in conjunction with a National Lottery Grant to create a specialist "Fitness Zone" which provides us with our first on site Outdoor and Adventurous dedicated activity area. This has added hugely to the range of suitable options at break times and within curriculum time, which can provide healthy lifestyle learning opportunities for students.
We also purchased 2 x Theraplay trikes and had some superb Gymnastics sessions at a local centre.
2015/16 Allocation £8120
After the success of the Gymnastics session the previous year, we decided to repeat the sessions and purchase several large pieces soft play equipment for use during in school Gymnastics lessons.
2016/17 Allocation £8155
This year we used the funding to enable to students to access a Specialist Dance Teacher, Staff had half a day INSET on delivering PE and our main project was to construct a road and cycling safety areas with storage. Primary students are now able to operate scooters, cycles and trikes around the mock-community road facility.
2017/18 Allocation £8165
Our new and improved Primary Play and Exercise area. The installation includes slides, climbing walls and swings.
Please see this report from the policies page for some extra information regarding this funding.
2018/19 Allocation £15,307
We have used a proportion of this year's funding to construct our new canopy outside the primary classrooms.
This area will be used to enable to pupils to access the outside space for extra physical activity, whatever the weather.
We have also used the funding of £2573 to create a bespoke area for Rebound Therapy in our school hall. This was completed in early 2019.